What is Gabion Mesh
Gabion mesh, also called Heavy Hexagonal Wire Mesh, Hexagonal Wire Mesh, Gebin Net, Three Twisted Sections Knitting Mesh and Twisted-pair Grid Mesh, is a kind of angular netting(hexagonal) cage made of woven wire. The wire diameter is based on the size of hexagonal varies. If it is metal plating hexagonal wire mesh metal wire, then the diameter of the metal wire is from 2.0mm to 4.0mm, if it is PVC-coated hexagonal wire mesh woven wire, then the outer diameter is 3.0mm to 4.5mm for the PVC (metal) wire. The edge of the frame is used wire one size thicker than Hexagonal mesh wire.
һ.PVC Gabion Mesh, also called Large Size Hexagonal Mesh or Gebin Net, is made of high-quality steel wire through the Mesh Screwing Machine.This product provides a wide range of applications such as: slope support, foundation pit, mountain rock hanging net shotcrete surface, slope vegetation (Green), rail&highway isolation fence; it also can be made into gabion box and gabion mat for the protection of rivers, dams and seawall, and net cage for reservoirs and rivers closure.
(PVC Gabion Mesh)
(1) Large Wire No. Galvanized Hexagonal Wire Mesh is made of high-quality low carbon steel wire through weaving. Wire tensile strength is not less than 38kg/m2, wire diameter 2.0mm-4.0mm, steel surface, and usually with hot-dip galvanizing for protection. The thickness of the galvanized layer can be made in accordance with the requirements of customers', and galvanized the largest up to 300g/m2.
(2) Galvanized wire plastic coated hexagonal wire mesh is coated with a layer of PVC protective layer, and then woven into hexagonal mesh with various specifications. This PVC protective layer will significantly increase the lifetime of the mesh, and with different colors they can blend in the natural environment
(3) Zn-5%Al - mixed rare earth wire plastic coated: coated with a layer of PVC protective layer on the Zn-5%Al - mixed rare earth wire, and then woven it into hexagonal mesh with various specifications. This PVC protective layer will significantly increase the lifetime of the mesh, and with different colors they can blend in the natural environment.
(Galvanized Gabion Mesh)
• Control and guide rivers and flood
The most serious disaster of rivers is flood caused by the water scouring and damaging the river bank, which leading to massive loss of life and property, and large number of water and soil loss. Therefore, in dealing with these issues, the application of gabion structure (stone cage and pad) become one of the best solution, it can permanently protected river banks.
• Channel, river bed
Channel construction, related to the stability of slope and river bed. So choose gabion stone pad structure is the main method used in a century of transformation of the many natural rivers and excavation of artificial channels. It can provide effective permanent protection for the banks of rivers or river beds. Its function of controlling the flow of water to prevent water loss, has excellent effect especially in environmental protection and the keeping of water quality .
• Bank and Slope Protection
Gabion boxes and mattress used in river bank protection and slope protection is a very successful model, which gave full play to the advantages of gabion and achieved the desired effect other methods can not reach.
1, flexible structure to adapt to changes in slope and not be destroyed, with better security and stability than the rigid structure;
2, anti-erosion resistant and can withstand the maximum flow rate of up to 6m / s;
3, Gabion structures essentially have water permeability, a strong inclusive to the natural role of groundwater and filtering action. Suspended matter in water and mud will sink to fill in the crevice, thus contributing to the natural plant growth and gradually restore the original ecological environment.